Monday, February 24, 2014

Using the backgrounds

The very fact that I hate to waste anything demands that the things I spend time making have some practical use. It is one of the many reasons that I love guerrilla art. I can create to my heart's content knowing that it will serve a purpose.

So when I recently started using a gel plate - oh... so much fun - and ended up with piles of painted paper, I knew that there had to be a purpose... something that would give me a reason to continue having all this fun.

It was an afternoon for making guerrilla art, so I grabbed a print with pretty colors to see if it could be used to replace papers that cost nearly $1 each. I added some painty stamping and black gelato shading.
 



 I shall happily continue to print on my gelatin plate. Life is good... and useful.

No comments: