Saturday, September 6, 2014

Gelatin prints made useful

There are a million things I should be doing, but those million things are always pressing. so rather than neglect this blog of mine any more... here I go.

A few months ago, under the influence of gelatin printing joy, I made a vow to myself that I would not do any new gel printing until I had used the huge stack of already printed papers sitting at the end of my worktable. I have kept my vow. What a journey it has been.

I scanned the best pages. I cropped and saved. Papers were then rotated, cropped and saved again. By the time I finished cropping, saving, rotating again and again, I was not only dizzy, but my files were full of amazing backgrounds just waiting for something interesting to happen.

For instance, from this (obviously printed on a scrap of paper) ...


 the lower right hand corner was cropped and became the background for this ...


which was printed and attached to note cards that I love. (A bit of bubble wrap stamping and some black, blue and white paint at the base of the lighthouse were also added.) And this is just one of the crops!!!

I just love when things that are fun also end up being useful. There has been so much progress made on the stack of printed papers that I am almost ready to start printing again! Life is good.

Jesus said - I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. John 1:8

No comments: